A great teppanyaki recipe to try !
1 pound steak (fillet or other tender steak)***Marinade***
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (finely grated)
- 1/2 cup Japanese soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- vegetable oil (for cooking)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger (finely grated)
- 1/4 cup mirin (or dry sherry)
- 1 large green capsicum (bell pepper)
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 dozen fresh oysters
- 3 tablespoons Japanese soy sauce
- 8 large prawns
Marinade: Slice beef very thinly. Crush garlic with sugar and mix with ginger and soy sauce. Marinate meat in the mixture for 30 minutes.
Shell and de-vein prawns. Drain oysters.
Cut capsicum into strips, discarding seeds and center membrane. Cut eggplant into thin round slices.
Heat griddle or individual steak platters and grease lightly with oil. Cook eggplant and capsicum first as they require longer cooking.
Add slices of beef, prawns and oysters as required, cooking only just until done. Do not overcook.
Dip in sauce and eat with hot white rice.
For Sauce: Combine soy sauce, mirin, sugar and ginger, stirring to dissolve sugar. Divide among individual sauce bowls. The teppanyaki recipe is ready to serve..enjoy !