A nice teppanyaki recipe to try !
- 350g Scotch fillet, partially frozen
- 4 small Slender eggplants (aubergines)
- 100g Fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 100g Small green beans
- 6 Baby yellow or green squash
- 1 Red or green pepper (capsicum), seeded
- 6 Spring onions, outside layer removed
- 200g Can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1/4 cup Cooking oil
- Sesame seed sauce, to serve
* Slice the steak into very thin pieces.
* Place the meat slices in a single layer on a large serving platter and season thoroughly with plenty of salt and freshly ground pepper. Set aside.
* Trim the ends from the eggplants and cut the flesh into long, very thin diagonal slices.
* Trim any hard stems from the mushrooms.
* Top and tail the beans.
* if the beans are longer than about 7cm, cut them in half.
* Quarter, halve or leave the squash whole, depending on the size.
* Cut the pepper into thin strips and slice the spring onions into lengths about 7 cm long, discarding the tops.
* Arrange all the vegetables in a separate bundles on a plate.
* When the diners are seated, heat an electric grill or electric frying pan until very hot, and then lightly brush it with the oil.
* Quickly fry about a quarter of the meat, searing on both sides, and then push it over the edge of the pan.
* Add about a quarter of the vegetables and quickly stir-fry, adding a little more oil as needed.
* Serve a small portion of the meat and vegetables to the diners, who will dip the food into a sauce of their choice.
* Repeat the process with the remaining m eat and vegetables, cooking in bathes as extra helpings are required.
* The teppanyaki recipe is ready to serve with steamed rice. Nice ! Enjoy it !